CLICK BELOW TO NAVIGATE
Frequently Asked Questions
Can boys still enter?
Yes, absolutely, the event is a celebration of diversity. There are mixed classes available to enter. The idea of the event is to let the girls have their moment in the sun in a sport that is male dominated. Boys are encouraged to be involved and to support female competitors.
How do I enter?
Scroll down and fill out the online form to enter. If you have more than 3 entries, please refresh the page after the first and enter your additional family members.
Is camping available?
There will be no camping fee for those staying at the track over the weekend.
Gas hot water showers provided.
Is there prizegiving?
Yes, prizegiving will be held at the end of the day and includes trophies for Supreme team.
Are spectators allowed and what does it cost?
Yes, please come along to spectate. There is no charge!
Who wins trophies?
1st to 5th Every class
Is there commentating?
Yes, Neil Ritchie AKA Turbo Tonsils will be on hand to commentate
Food and Coffee
Mr Barista will be providing both coffee and a range of takeaway food available throughout the weekend, including breakfast and dinner. A menu will be available to view on event Facebook page prior to the event. An eating area marquee will be provided.
What is the MTA Mini Queen feature race?
The all-in 7-11 years girls feature race will consist of top 5 girls from 3 separate classes and will race at the end of the day.
south island rider incentive
Take advantage of the South Island Rider Incentive
To make it possible for South Island riders to enter and travel to the event we are offering the following to South Island riders who wish to enter the event. This is on a first come served basis and petrol vouchers are capped at 10 entrants.
- MTA fuel vouchers available to first 10 South Island entrants
- Free team entry into Supreme Team Challenge for South Island entrants
- Broxy track walk on Saturday morning
To apply please enter using the online entry and tick the South Island rider button.
The Un4seen Supreme Team Challenge
UN4SEEN SUPREME TEAM
Thanks to Un4seen Decals for sponsoring this exciting inclusion to Kings & Queens.
The Un4seen Supreme Team challenge is open to all entrants at a fee of $80.00 per team ($20.00 per rider) This is an opportunity to represent your club, dealership, or just get a few friends together and have some fun!
Teams must consist of the following;
*1 Mini rider
*1 Female rider (junior or senior)
*1 Junior boy
*1 Wildcard (any class of rider)
Team with the highest total points of all 4 riders will take the top prize of $500 and the Un4seen Supreme Team trophy.
Riders who are double-classing will have points from their primary class counted towards their team total.
Team entries are open until 8pm December 11th.
In the event of rider withdrawal, a substitute can be made up until the commencement of racing.
NEW! Novice Ladies Class
WHEELS ON THE GROUND SUPPORT CLASS
We’ve had a lot of feedback regarding a non-racing category for ladies that want to get involved. Thanks so much for your interest. Although it sounds very simple to add this class its more difficult than it may seem with many moving parts involved and the club does require a minimum of 10 entries to proceed.
Here’s some answers to questions we think you may have…
How much will it cost?
Event entry is $70 and you will require an MNZ one-event license which costs an additional $25 and covers you for the event.
What do I need for an MNZ license?
You will be required to fill out a simple one-page form on the day and bring along your suitable, good-condition dirtbike helmet for inspection and to enter the helmet details into your license form.
What does the day involve?
This class will get a practice session and 2 ‘rides’ during the day instead of the usual 3 races.
What happens if we do not get 10 entries required to run?
You will be refunded your entry fee.
What does wheels on the ground mean?
Wheels on the ground is a term used for riders who do not clear jump obstacles. There are a number of safe jumps on the track that are safe to roll over or land on top of.
I have never ridden a motocross track, will I be OK?
If you are comfortable riding trail rides and have good control of your motorcycle then you will be OK.
Rules and Regulations
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY: Rotorua Motorcycle Club and Motorcycling New Zealand Inc.
1. I have read the Supplementary Regulations for this Competition and agree to be bound by them and the Manual of Motorcycle Sport, the MNZ Constitution, and the MNZ Code of Conduct.
2. I am aware that the sport of Motorcycle Competition might a) cause me injury; serious or otherwise b) damage my property.
3. I wish to take part in the 2020 KawiGirls Kings & Queens Event despite the above risks.
4. Neither I, nor anyone associated or connected with me will make any claim against you or your officers, employees or agents in respect of: a) any injury suffered by me; or b) any damage to any of my property regardless of how the injury or damage occurs.
5. I will indemnify you against all claims, damages or losses (including costs) which you incur as the direct or indirect result of any injury to me or damage to my property.
6. I am physically fit and there is no health or other reason why I should not participate in the sport of Motorcycle Competition.
7. I am aware that this disclaimer will not affect any legal obligations you have to me which you cannot contract out of under NZ Law.
8. I agree that in this disclaimer “my property” includes any property owned by me or in my possession or under my control.
9. I agree that this disclaimer will be binding on my family, my heirs, my legal assigns and my administrators and executors.
10. I accept that stripping and re-assembly for Technical Checks are at my cost.
11. I consent to the details contained in this form being held by the Rotorua Motorcycle Club for the purpose of the promotion and the benefit of the race meeting concerned, and Motorcycling in general. I acknowledge my right to access and correction of this information. The consent is given in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993.
12. MNZ supports the FIM/IOC Charter on drugs in Sport. MNZ uses the services of Drug Free Sport NZ and other agencies to professionally carry out the testing. I acknowledge by signing this form I maybe subjected to a drug/alcohol test at any time. I agree to such testing. I further agree that my name can be published by MNZ as having taken part in a drug/alcohol test
together with the results of that testing.
13. I confirm that my machine complies with any technical rule(s) set out in the Manual of Motorcycle Sport and/or the Supplementary Regulations and that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, it is in safe working order and fit for